Friday, June 29, 2012

Is anyone out there!?!?

Hello if anyone is still checking this thing.....

All has been quite on the home front.  Summer is here can you tell?  It is very hard to convience J or myself to stay home and paint when we can be playing at the lake. 

So we have decieded that 2 nights out of the week we will began doing all the small things that need to be done.  Painting windows and molding.  We only have 3 more windows to be painted.  Then I have to figure out what color I want to paint the doors.  Should be interesting. 

I have however been on the hunt for items for the house to give it a "home" feel.  The icing on the cake or jewlery for the house...

I have found a few places around here with items that were major steals.  One store I was introduced to was the Christmas Tree Shop in Greensboro.  If you are thinking what I was before walking in was, who needs Christmas stuff all year round?! NO this store is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  It has everything you can think of for CHEAP!  As my friend put it, "Big Lots on steriods..." 

Another store is Treasures Decor, they have great consignment furniture.  I am very picky and germ crazy, but this stuff is clean and doesn't have the  odors of its previous owners.  We lucked up on a name brand television cabinet there for less than we could buy the cheap one at Target. 

However, yesterday I hit the motherload of stuff.  I went to the Red collection in Greensboro.  It was like the consignment angels were singing.  I found lamp shades for cheap to dress up our dining room light and a mirror for 1/4 of the price of the one I have been dreaming about at Target.  I know J is glad I do not own a SUV because I am limited on how much I can fit in my car or I probably would have brought home more than I did yesterday.

I will post pictures soon of these finds. 

I hope everyone reading has a great holiday weekend/week and stay safe!

Until next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment